Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Is it our fault?

So, sorry for making my first blog post so serious but here goes...

I was reading this blog post from a famous comedian (Margaret Cho, but it's not really important) and she was just ranting and raving and dropping f bombs about how she is a Christian but she hates other Christians because they judge other people and they basically aren't filled with the love of Christ and that God wants us to be who we are and if that's gay or bisexual or if you don't want to be a mother and want an abortion it's all ok with God because he's "all about us"

First of all um... NO. While I believe that God loves us in a way that is so insanely big that we can't even understand it. I don't believe for one second that God "just wants us to be who we are"

This seems to be a common theme in the world right now... particularly with people who want to be "spiritual" not "religious"

First of all God is God is God... my God is the same as your God is the same as everyone's God. Our goal shouldn't be to be "true to ourselves" but to be the most like God that we possibly can be and in doing that we should become a lot LESS of ourselves because everyone's true nature is sinful and worldly anyway...

(I know a lot of people hate it when Christians say things like that, as if the church tells people we're sinful to make us feel bad and keep us so low that we are forced to cling to God or religion and I'm sure in some cases that does happen and that sucks... but it's still the truth.)

So with all that being said and yes I know I've rambled a bit... here's my thing... is it our fault?

I will take a HUGE part of the blame in my own life... I am worldly, I do gossip, I do lie, I am at times a huge hypocrite... so is it my/ our fault that the world thinks so badly of Christians?

Why should the people who claim to know the one true God the most be the ones that in some cases lead people AWAY from Christ?

Sometimes it's hard to know what God would really want me to do...

Even I as a Christian have been overwhelmed be feeling judged by the "churchy" set. So I can only imagine what people must think if they don't know God at all.

I'm pretty sure I'm NOT articulating my point well... so I'm going to stop rambling...

but ok one last thing haha....

people throw around the term "God is love" a lot. I've heard a lot of people say that and use it as an excuse to do whatever they want. So what does God REALLY want us to do when we see something not right in the world? It seems like I can't win sometimes. When you accept people for who they are is that the same as saying their lifestyle is ok.... or should you say something and risk being the judgemental holy roller that the world seems to hate?

Following God is confusing lol

No comments: